What’s the Best Adjustable Bed Brand?
See how leading adjustable bed brands compare and which offers the best value.
The adjustable bed has recently gained significant attention from consumers interested in sleeping better and improving their lives. However, shoppers are still left to wonder what the best adjustable bed brand is and how to make the best decision based on their own needs and personal preferences. Here, we will examine some of the top brands and what each offers so that consumers may make an informed decision about which is the best for their specific lifestyle. While these are the top choices, remember that there are several types of brands to choose from. However, the list here allows you to see what sets the very best brands apart from the rest. Let’s take a look at three of the leading brands and see how they compare.
To start, we will use data collected from a recent report by BestMattress-Reviews.org. This blog analyzed seven leading retailers on factors that we find to be most relevant to the average customer: warranty, price, durability, health benefits, and what other owners say in reviews. In their comparison, they looked at (alphabetically) Amerisleep, Costco, Craftmatic, Golden Rest, Sleep Comfort, Sleep Number, and Tempurpedic. For our purposes, we will focus on the top three from this comparison, which were Amerisleep, Sleep Comfort, and Tempurpedic. (For the full scoop visit the link above).
Top Three Adjustable Bed Brands
The chart above summarizes the findings from BestMattress-Reviews.org. Below, we will take a more detailed look at these brands and the rankings to see how they compare. Each retailer offers different lines of adjustables and different mattress options. While these features will of course play a role in your buying decision, we will try to focus more on the aspects that tend to be generally important like overall value.
Amerisleep.com retails adjustable beds and plant-based memory foam mattresses online. Their collection includes the Ergo Pursuit and Invincible, and the Leggett & Platt S-Cape and Prodigy. The bases are sold separately and in mattress combination packages.
- Reviews: The table places the consumer rating of Amerisleep is 4.5 stars, which represents the top score. Reviews on the retailer’s website are third party verified, and show average ratings between 4.7-5.0.
- Durability: The bases have ISO9001 and UL certification, and warranty coverage for critical components. Reviews found no patterns of durability or service issues.
- Warranty: The overall warranty associated with Amerisleep beds is 20 years which is on par with what most brands in the industry offer. As far as full coverage, their Ergo bases have 1 year full, 2 years full on motor, and 5 years full parts, with the remainder prorated.
- Prices: The prices of Amerisleep’s electric adjustable beds are very competitive, starting at $949 with the Pursuit model. They offered the lowest entry level prices of all retailers compared, and have several promotions throughout the year.
Sleep Comfort Comparison
Sleep Comfort sells adjustable bases and a selection of mattresses over the phone. Their collection includes the Simplicity, Symphony, Monarch, and Prodigy by Leggett and Platt. Bases are available as sets or separately.
- Reviews: Owner reviews are pretty hard to find for Sleep Comfort online. Their website offers only “testimonials” which are not verified or open. The minimal offsite reviews appear in the good range, with most complaints focusing on mattress comfort and issues with remotes.
- Durability: The durability of these bases received a 4, as the durability complaints with actual bases was fairly minor and all meet necessary certifications.
- Warranty: Sleep Comfort offers a lifetime warranty, which covers parts (labor and shipping excluded).
- Prices: Sleep Comfort does not publish pricing, and instead requires interested customers to call. This may mean that prices are adjusted depending on how well the consumer negotiates, and sets up a system in which salespeople can take advantage of less savvy consumers. According to BedEd.org, they found reports of prices from $1900-4400 from online sources.
Many people are familiar with Tempurpedic brands, sold through a dealer network and online. In the BestMattress-Reviews.org comparison, it actually tied with Sleep Number, but given their less favorable reviews we decided to focus on Tempurpedic adjustable beds for our “top three” comparison. Currently Tempurpedic offers the Tempur Ergo Basic (their two other models were discontinued), though the Tempur Ergo Premier will be introduced in coming months.
- Reviews: On their website the Basic has an average score of 3/5 stars.
- Durability: The Ergo collection features standard certifications, though there were some complaints of durability issues after the full coverage warranty period.
- Warranty: The warranty on this line is 20 years, but it only includes 1 year of full coverage and 3 years full parts.
- Price: Tempurpedic is well-known as a luxury brand, and they tend to charge noticeably higher prices than retailers of similar beds. Entry level pricing starts at $1200.
After looking at the details, we would agree that Amerisleep offers the best overall value and potential for satisfaction. Mattresses and optional features aside, the function of adjustable bases proves fairly similar, with main differences being durability and price. Because Amerisleep’s bases offer good warranties and lower prices than leading competitors, they ranked highest in these regards. The use of a third-party verified review system, published prices, and clear warranty terms helps create a sense of transparency for shoppers, which is important when making big purchases online.
A Word on Comparison Shopping for an Adjustable Bed
It can be difficult for consumers to know which adjustable bed is right for them. If you are in the market for this particular type of bed you should certainly research the leading brands and discover what it is about each that would be most suitable for your lifestyle. Remember, there are a number of factors that will go into making the best choice. While affordability is certainly a focus, you do not want to skimp on quality. The warranties are also key and always ask questions about what the warranty covers. The information provided here will serve you to begin your journey of researching more about the different types of adjustable bed bases so you may make a well-informed purchase.
There are no comments yet, add one below.