Compare the Best Memorial Day Mattress Sales of 2019
The Memorial Day holiday weekend is right around the corner. And you know what that means. Almost every major mattress brand will be slashing their prices. That adds up to big savings for shoppers.
Discounts are everywhere during the unofficial kickoff to summer. Innerspring, memory foam, and latex beds will all be marked down. And a range of brands will be on sale. If you’re in the market for a new bed, you’ll want to mark your calendar and get ready to shop.
Memorial Day always falls on the last Monday of the month. This year it will be on May 28th. But you don’t have to wait quite that long to start saving. Most retailers kick off their discounts on the Thursday or Friday before the holiday weekend. And they’ll start advertising their offers even earlier.
The discounts are great news if you’re shopping for a mattress. But they can also be a little overwhelming. With so many sale options to choose from, you might not know for sure where to get the best mattress. Don’t worry though. This guide can help you sort through all the options.
The Best Memorial Day Mattress Deal of 2019: Amerisleep’s AS3
There are so many great offers to choose from this time of year. But our top pick of the bunch is Amerisleep’s AS3.
Amerisleep is a top rated online manufacturer known for its memory foam mattresses. All of the brand’s models have earned rave reviews for quality, comfort, and durability (plus over 5,000 verified customer reviews rate it 4.7 out of 5 stars). And the AS3 is the most popular of all. This versatile pick is designed to work for a wide range of sleep styles. And it’s proven to please all kinds of customers.
If you’re not yet familiar with the AS3, here are just a few reasons to check it out:
- Proprietary high-performance memory foam. It’s designed to offer maximum support and pressure point relief. That translates to maximum comfort.
- Just-right firmness level. It’s just right for all sleep styles and positions. That includes back, side, and combo sleepers.
- Specialized cooling layer. The AS3 is five times more breathable than traditional foams.
- Zero motion transfer. You won’t get disturbed if your partner gets up or changes positions during the night.
- No sinking feeling. The AS3’s foam bounces back 15 times faster than other foams. So you’ll never feel like you’re “stuck” or “sinking” when you change positions.
- Sleep-supporting mattress cover. The cover features Celliant®. This thermoreactive yarn that helps regulate body temperature as you sleep.
- Plant-based foam and eco-friendly manufacturing practices. They’re better for people—and the environment.
- Generous 100-day risk-free trial. You get more than three months to try the AS3 in the comfort of your own home. If you decide it’s not for you, you can return it at no cost
Amerisleep’s AS3 is normally offered at $1,399. (Given the quality, it’s a fantastic price point at any time of year.) But the brand has dropped the AS3’s price to $1,199 for the holiday weekend. That represents a $200 savings. Considering the Amerisleep’s stellar risk-free trial offer, what have you got to lose?
Other Great Memorial Day Mattress Sales
Amerisleep’s AS3 might be our top contender. But it’s not the only option to choose from. It’s always a good idea to consider several models before making your final purchase. Our discount roundup is a great place to start. We’ve highlighted prices along with key features that make a bed comfortable and durable.
We’ve researched the current and upcoming sale events and selected a few of our favorites. The holiday weekend discounts are split into two categories based on bed type. Organizing the options this way makes it easier to find what you’re looking for.
Ready to start your search? Check out some of the best savings on both innerspring and memory foam beds.
Our Top Memory Foam Picks
Memory foam beds have become more popular than ever. On average they can be slightly more expensive than innerspring models. (But note that they tend to earn higher satisfaction ratings. They’re also more durable.) So if you’re thinking about trying one for yourself, now’s a great time to buy. Below are some of the most promising offers you’ll find this weekend.
Name brands like Tempurpedic, Amerisleep and iComfort all have specials for the holiday weekend. You’ll find lower prices at discounters like Costco and Overstock too. We looked at a range of features when deciding which sales to highlight here. These included foam density, firmness, customer reviews, return policies, durability and warranties.
Here are the very best of the bunch:
|Amerisleep AS3||12” profile, med-soft|
3” 4.0 lb plant-based MF + 2" affinity foam
100 days / 20 years
|Serta iComfort Blue 300 Firm Set||11.25” profile, firm|
3/4” ? lb gel MF
1" ? lb MF
1" poly foam
1.5" ? lb MF
120 days / 10 years
|Tempur Contour Elite Breeze||12.5” profile, firm|
?” ?lb MF
90 days / 10 years
Our Top Innerspring Picks
Innerspring beds remain the most popular type among shoppers. The market is wide and competitive—which means there are plenty of options to pick from. This includes ever-popular brands like Posturepedic and Serta as well as discount models. You’ll find plenty of deals at every price point.
Some beds represent a better value than others though. Some tend to score low for customer satisfaction. They aren’t quite as durable as memory foam beds either. But it’s still possible to find a comfortable option. Here are our top picks based on factors like coil count, topper materials, and other quality indicators.
|Beautyrest Silver Waterscape Plush PIllowtop Queen Mattress||15” profile, plush|
Fiber, foam, gel memory foam, gel foam top
815 pocket coils
90 days / 10 years
|Serta iSeries Hybrid 100 Cushion Firm Mattress||13.5" profile, firm|
1.5" gel MF + 1” foam + 1" gel MF top
886 pocket coils
100 days / 10 years
|Serta Masterpiece Albert Plush Queen Set||14” profile, plush|
2.5" foam top + ?" memory foam + ?" gel latex core
886 pocket coils
60 days / 10 years
Memorial Day Mattress Sales: Your Complete Guide
Like with any product, it’s a good idea to do your research before buying a new bed. It can be tempting to plunk down your credit card for the first great offer that you see. Especially during a major discount event. But there are many different factors to consider before you buy. Getting a handle on them can help you make a more educated choice. And that can translate to better sleep.
A bit later we’ll comb through more of the best offers out there to help you save big. But here are some things you should know in order to be a smart shopper.
Start preparing early.
The deals might not start rolling in until the holiday weekend. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get a glimpse of what’s to come. Check out websites and ads to see what discounts will be out there. Most retailers start hyping them up at least a few days in advance. Another idea? Check out what offers ran last year at the same time. Most brands tend to repeat similar deals.
It’s also smart to start looking into beds well before the big holiday. Research which mattress you think you might want. And test it out in person if you’re planning to buy in-store. Having more info ahead of time means you’ll be ready to strike when the iron is hot.
Keep your preferences in mind.
Scoring a great discount is exciting. Especially when it comes to a big purchase like a new bed. Still, don’t get too caught up in a lower price tag. You might end up buying something that doesn’t fully suit your needs. And regretting it later.
So think about it. What are you looking for in a bed besides a good deal? Make a list of the key features that matter. You might want to consider things like:
- Firmness level.
- Whether you need a new frame or foundation.
- If you’re looking to upgrade or stick to a budget.
- If you need a new box spring, pillows, or bedding. (Some holiday offers will throw in these extras for free. But they’re only a good bet if you actually need them!)
In short, it’s smart to have an idea of what you want. You might even come away with a few specific models in mind. Knowing your preferences will help you avoid compromising on comfort or value just to save a buck. That can help you sleep better in the long run.
Read up on the fine print.
Hasty decisions don’t just sacrifice comfort. They could very well leave you with a lemon that you can’t get rid of. Make sure to look at the company’s return policy and warranties before buying anything. Each one will be a little different. But fair terms can make all the difference. You should have at least 30 days to return the bed if it doesn’t work out. And the warranty should cover reasonable sagging and defects.
Shop around for the best price.
Nearly every brand and retailer will offer a discount this weekend. But some might slash their prices more than others. You want to get a feel for your options to save the most money.
Remember, you have all weekend to look around. That’s not to say you have to spend three whole days shopping for the best price. But it’s a good idea to check out several price listings instead of just one. Spending a little extra time can help you spend a little less cash.
Check customer reviews.
Customer reviews can be a goldmine of information for mattress shoppers. Reviews can tell you about key factors like quality, comfort, and customer service. It can also give you clues as to whether a bed will meet your expectations.
The important thing here is to seek out reviews that are legit. Look for brand reviews that are certified by a third-party verifier. Scope out independent review websites too. These sources tend to be unbiased. So you can trust that the opinions you read are the real deal.
Finding a Memorial Day Mattress Deal Online
Stores and showrooms aren’t the only place to go shopping these days. More and more brands are selling direct to consumers online. You can sometimes find great offers for showroom brands on the Internet too.
Many consumers feel that shopping online is the most convenient choice. Driving all over town and dealing with pushy salespeople isn’t much fun. (Plus who wants to spend a sunny summer weekend in a mattress store?) Shopping online also makes it easier to comparison shop. After all, you can check dozens of sources in just a few minutes.
The discounts might be better too. Most online retailers extend their promotions through the weekend. Some might last even longer. You can often start checking them out a week before the holiday.
Here are some options to consider if you’re thinking about going that route.
We already talked a bit about why the AS3 is one of our favorites. So it only makes sense to include it in a list of the best online offers. Amerisleep just so happens to be offering one of the best online deals of the weekend. Check out the details:
- The sale runs through 5/29 at Amerisleep.com.
- All memory foam mattresses are $200 off with savings code MD200. This discount applies to all sizes, with beds starting at $549 during the sale.
- You can get 20% off the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed with the purchase of a mattress. (Sets from $3,018 in queen size).
You can find several major brands and smaller brands at 1800Mattress. They sell memory foam, latex, and innersprings.
- The 1800Mattress website mentions up to 50% off mattresses but doesn’t lists specific sales for the holiday.
This company sells discounted beds from major brands. It also offers beds under their own lines. Overstock is generally known for offering great discounts. But the site tends to slash prices even further over holidays.
- Extra 15% off select mattresses.
This well-known brand offers memory foam, innerspring, and hybrid beds. Their mattresses have long been available in showrooms. Now they sell directly to customers through their website too.
- Runs through 6/4 online at Serta.com and via some retailers.
- Save up to $800 on adjustable base and mattress sets.
Like Serta, this long-established store brown now sells also sells online.
- Runs through 6/3 at Tempurpedic.com, and offers also available at some retailers.
- Save up to $700 on adjustable base and mattress sets.
- $50-$100 off of Supreme line, $150-$300 off Elite models, $200-$400 off of Breeze, Luxe and Grand models.
Memorial Day Sales in Stores
Prefer to stick with shopping in a store? You can find plenty of discounts aimed to get you in the door this holiday weekend. Retailers like Sears, Macy’s, and Mattress Firm usually send ads out a week before their sales. Here are some of the best deals we’ve come across so far.
Macy’s holiday events usually feature discounts for major brands. These include Serta, Sealy, and Tempupedic. The department store chain also has their own line of exclusive mattresses called Macybed.
Expect to find deep discounts from 5/24 through 5/24 both in stores and on Macys.com. These include:
- Sale runs from 5/23 to 6/3 at Macys.com and in stores
- $149 – MacyBed Basics 5 Foam Firm Queen Set ($269 set)
- $399 – MacyBed Premium Plush Queen Mattress ($519 set)
- $699 – MacyBed Resort Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Mattress ($819 set)
- $699 – MacyBed Resort Plush Eurotop Queen Mattress ($819 set)
- $799 Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Cushion Firm Euro Pillow Top Queen Mattress
- $890 Beautyrest Silver Waterscape Plush PIllowtop Queen Mattress
- $1199 Serta Masterpiece Albert Plush Queen Set
- $1199 – Stearns and Foster Estate Garrick Luxury Firm Queen Mattress ($1349 set)
- $1199 – Stearns and Foster Estate Garrick Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Mattress ($1349 set)
- $1399 – Stearns and Foster Palace Luxury Firm Queen Mattress ($1549 set)
- $1399 – Stearns and Foster Palace Luxury Ultra Firm Queen Mattress ($1549 set)
- $1399 – Stearns and Foster Palace Luxury Plush Queen Mattress ($1549 set)
- $1599 – Beautyrest Black Giada Extra Firm Queen Mattress ($1799 set)
- $1699 – Hotel Collection Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Queen Mattress
- $1869 – Beautyrest Black Reyna Luxury Firm Queen Mattress ($2069 set)
- $1869 – Beautyrest Black Reyna Luxury Plush Queen Mattress ($2069 set)
- $1899 – Hotel Collection Aireloom Vitagenic Memory Foam Firm Queen Mattress ($2199 set)
Expect to find discounts on both innerspring and memory foam mattresses. Mattress Firm’s promotions run from 5/22 to 5/29. They’re available both in stores and online.
- Sale runs from 5/16 to 5/29 at MattressFirm.com and in stores
- Free adjustable bed when spending at least $599 on a mattress
- King mattresses for queen prices, queen mattresses for twin prices
- $297 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Alesbury 8” Memory Foam Mattress in Queen
- $397 – Beautyrest Greenwood Firm Mattress in Queen
- $149 – Sleepy’s Basics Firm Mattress in Queen
- $199 – Sleepy’s Calm Euro Top Memory Foam Mattress in Queen
- $299 – Sleepy’s Rest Firm Mattress in Queen
- $575 – Tulo Soft, Medium or Firm Mattress in Queen
- $699 – Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Hartfield Luxury Firm Mattress in Queen
- $799 – Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Vinings Plush Mattress in Queen
- $899 – Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Bay Spring Pillow Top Mattress in Queen
- $1199 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 100 Firm Mattress
- $1399 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 300 Plush Mattress
- $1599 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 500 Cushion Firm Mattress
Sears typically offers a mix of major brands across a broad price range. In-store and online sales tend to be similar. But some may be online-only or vary by region. Check your local store for details.
- Runs from May 20 to 26.
- Up to extra 60% off all mattresses.
- 84 months no interest financing or 5% instant discount on beds over $599
- $169 – Sertapedic Chiswick Firm Queen Mattress
- $559.99 – Sealy Response Performance Benish Firm Queen Mattress
- $562.99 – Beautyrest Silver Wavecrest Firm Queen Mattress
- $711.49 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Teddington Plush Queen Mattress
- $1199.99 – Stearns and Foster Hustonville Luxury Firm Tight Top Queen Mattress
- $1399.99 – Serta Blue 300 Firm Queen Mattress
- $2399.99 – Beautyrest Black Mariela Luxury Firm Queen Mattress
- $3299 – Tempurpedic Tempur Flex Elite Queen Mattress
Sleepy’s and Mattress Firm now share the same promotions.
Memorial Day Mattress Sales: Summing It Up
This year’s holiday weekend mattress deals will no doubt offer great beds for steep discounts. If you’re in need of a new mattress this summer, it’s definitely a great time to shop. You can expect to save at least a couple hundred dollars on your bed of choice.
The key is finding a comfy option for you without blowing your budget. It can be tempting to throw caution to the wind during a big sale. But you’ll be happier and better rested if you shop strategically. So while you shop, just keep the golden rules in mind:
- Think about the features you want in a mattress.
- Carefully compare your options before making a selection.
- Look at the price options during the holiday weekend to find the best deal.
You may already have a few options (or a single pick) in mind. But if you’re still searching, we’d recommend looking at Amerisleep’s AS3. Not only is this bed designed to offer maximum comfort for a range of sleepers. It’s made from high-quality memory foam and is offered at a great price. So it represents a great value. And through the holiday weekend you can get $200 off. The AS3 is available for just $1,199 through Memorial Day.