The 2017 Memorial Day mattress sales are coming up and we’ve got the scoop on where all the hot deals are. Innerspring, memory foam and latex beds from all kinds of retailers and brands will be marked down significantly on and around the holiday, so mark your calender.
In 2017, the holiday falls on the 29th of May. In previous years sales have begun as early as the first day of the month, but most don’t really start until the Thursday or Friday before the holiday weekend. This year that weekend begins on the Friday the 26th. You can expect to see retailers rolling out the advertisements a little earlier, though.
The Best Memorial Day Mattress Sales of 2017
Using all the information available on the upcoming sales, we’ve selected a few of our favorites if you just want to cut to the chase and start shopping now. The Memorial weekend sales are separated into three categories based on bed type to make it easier to find options that appeal to you. Check out some of the best innerspring, memory foam and latex deals out there.
Top Memory Foam Picks:
Below are some of the most promising deals offered during Memorial Day weekend if you’re in search of memory foam. Direct selling name brands like Tempurpedic, Amerisleep and iComfort all have specials for the holiday weekend, as do discounters like Costco and Overstock. Foam density, firmness, reviews, return policies, durability and warranties were considered among other criteria during our selection for the beds highlighted below.
|Amerisleep Liberty Bed||12” profile, med-soft|
3” 4.0 lb plant-based MF + 2" affinity foam
100 days / 20 years
|Serta iComfort Blue 300 Firm Set||11.25” profile, firm|
3/4” ? lb gel MF
1" ? lb MF
1" poly foam
1.5" ? lb MF
120 days / 10 years
|Tempur Contour Elite Breeze||12.5” profile, firm|
?” ?lb MF
90 days / 10 years
Top Innerspring Picks
In a wide and competitive market, innerspring offers are abound. From ever popular brands like Posturepedic and Serta to discount options, there are both entry-level and higher end deals on spring beds from all types of stores. Here are our top picks for the 2017 Memorial Day mattress sales based on coil count, topper materials, and other quality factors versus price.
|Serta Posturepedic Lawson Cushion Firm Set||11.5” profile, med-firm|
2.5" foam top + 0.5" gel core
911 pocket coils
60 days / 10 years
|Stearns & Foster Estate Garrick Luxury Firm Set||14” profile, firm|
0.5" gel MF
1.5" gel poly foam
924 pocket coils
90 days / 10 years
|Serta iSeries Hybrid 500 Cushion Firm Mattress||14.125" profile, med-firm|
0.5" gel MF + 1.5” MF + 2" gel MF top
886 pocket coils
100 days / 10 years
2017 Memorial Day Mattress Sale Guide
You wouldn’t climb Everest without a Sherpa and you shouldn’t try to navigate Memorial Day mattress sales without a little help, either. There are many factors to consider normally when shopping for a new bed, and in the midst of all these rebates, discounts, freebies and other offers it can get a little confusing to find the best bed and the best over deal.
We’ll be combing through ads, websites, newsletters and nearly anything that might contain offers on beds and adjustable bases to find some of the best. Before we get to that, though, there are some things you should know to get the most from holiday events.
Get prepared early.
Though Memorial Day mattress sales don’t start until the holiday weekend, you can get some glimpses early. Check out websites and ads to see what deals are going to be out there. You can often see who will have sales based on who published them in previous years. It’s also smart to start testing beds and researching what type you want well before the big holiday, as the more information you have in advance, the better.
Keep your preferences in mind.
Don’t get too caught up in the excitement of scoring a deal. You may end up committing to something that doesn’t suit your needs. What are you looking for in a bed besides a good deal?
Write some features down and see what is available. Include your partner in the search if applicable, and consider what firmness, materials and size you should be looking for. Do you need a new frame or foundation? Are you looking to upgrade or stick to a budget? Do you need new pillows and bedding, too? Some offers will include things like boxsprings and bedding, but these are only a good bet if you actually need those things.
Having an idea of what you want is wise if you want to come away with something you’ll be comfortable with for a long time. Don’t compromise comfort or value to save a buck, if you plan on getting good sleep and using the bed for several years.
Understand the fine print.
Hasty decisions could leave you with a lemon. Make sure to look at the company’s return policy and warranties. Each one will be a little different and can make all the difference. You should have at least 30 days to return if doesn’t work out, at the warranty should cover reasonable sagging and defects.
Nearly every brand and retailer will have Memorial Day sales, from department stores to showrooms and even mattress discounters. Brands that sell direct online also usually have good promotions. You have all weekend to look around, and you can start by comparing around online or testing some beds in stores so you don’t have to waste a ton of time once the weekend finally arrives. Make sure you get a good look at what is out there before picking.
Companies often allow their customers to review their products on their sites. Independent review websites are also a good place for information and opinions. See what people are saying about the mattresses you are considering. Reviews can tell you quite a bit about quality, customer service, and if a bed meets people’s expectations.
Online Memorial Day Mattress Sales
More and more people are shopping for mattresses using the internet, and why not? Showrooms, driving all over town and pushy salesmen are often less than pleasant, and who wants to spend the first holiday of summer in bed stores. Online, comparison shopping is easier since you can check dozens of sources at once, and the deals can often be better, too.
Most online retailers will extend promotions over the weekend and some may even last for longer. You can start checking them out about a week before the holiday. Here are some of the brands you may come across.
This brand purveys plant-based memory foam beds solely online.
- Sale runs through 5/29 at Amerisleep.com
- All memory foam mattresses are $200 off with savings code MD200. This model closeout sale applies to all sizes, with beds starting at $549 during the sale.
- 20% off the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed with the purchase of a mattress (sets from $3018 in queen size).
Astrabeds sells all-natural and customizable latex mattresses with certified organic components and adjustable bed frames online.
- Sale runs through 5/29 at Astrabeds.com
- The Harmony Bed organic latex mattress is $200 off with savings code CLOSEOUT. Applies to all sizes, with beds starting at $1249 during the sale.
You can find several major brands and smaller brands at 1800Mattress. They sell memory foam, latex, and innersprings.
- The specifics of the 1800mattress sale is yet to be announced, just a general sign so far. Check back soon!
This company sells discounted beds from major brands along with their own lines. For special occasions, these mattresses are discounted further.
- Offers TBA, usually includes discounts on selected closeout mattresses.
Serta is a well-known brand of memory foam, innersprings and hybrids who is now selling directly to customers on their website.
- Runs through 6/5 online at Serta.com and via some retailers.
- Free boxspring with mattresses
- Up to $800 off mattress and adjustable bed sets, discount varies based on models and sizes.
This established, dealer-distributed brand of memory foam also sells to customers online.
- Runs through 6/11 at Tempurpedic.com, and offers also available at some retailers.
- Up to $400 off mattresses. Varies by model and size.
- $50-$100 off of Supreme and Prima lines, $150-$300 off Elite models, $200-$400 off of Luxe models.
- Up to $200 off adjustable beds. Varies by model and size. $50-$100 off Ergo Plus, $100-$200 off Ergo Premier.
Memorial Day Sales in Stores
If you’d rather stick to the traditional method of shopping, these brick-and-mortar Memorial Day mattress sales are for you. Major retailers like Sears, Macy’s and Mattress Firm typically send ads out a week or so prior to their sales.
Here are some of the top retail store deals we have come across.
Macy’s Memorial Day sales usually includes discounts for major brands like Serta, Sealy and Tempupedic. They also have their own line, Macybed, and models that are exclusive to their stores. Sales are both in stores and online for the most part.
The Macy’s Memorial Day mattress sales ad will be released soon; check back!:
- Sale runs from 5/24 to 5/29 at Macys.com and in stores
- $149 – Sealy Essential Blue Arbor Firm Queen Mattress
- $399 – Beautyrest Midnight Blue Firm Queen Set
- $399 – Sealy Posturepedic Rustic Pass Firm Queen Set
- $499 – Beautyrest Cove Point Plush Queen Set
- $699 – Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Plush or Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $799 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Graceful Haven Extra Firm or Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $809 – Beautyrest Silver Golden Gate Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $899 – Beautyrest Silver Golden Gate Luxury Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $899 – Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Plush or Cushion Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Set
- $899 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Graceful Haven Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $999 – MacyBed Lux by Kingsdown Cushion Firm Memory Foam Queen Set
- $1077 – Beautyrest World Class Keaton Extra Firm, Luxury Firm, or Plush Queen Set
- $1079 – Sealy Posturepedic Shore Drive Cushion Firm or Plush Euro PIllowtop Queen Set
- $1119 – Beautyrest Silver Waterscape Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $1299 – Stearns & Foster Garrick Luxury Firm or Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $1799 – Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Queen Set
- $1799 – Beautyrest Black Giada Extra Firm Queen Set
- Free Boxspring with Beautyrest World Class Hybrid, Serta iComfort Hybrid, and Serta iComfort Memory Foam sets.
- $200 store gift card with select mattress sets.
You can find innerspring and memory foam discounted at Mattress Firm for the holiday. Sales are in stores and online.
Check back soon for the Mattress Firm Memorial Day mattress sale details!:
- Sale runs from 5/22 to 5/29 at Macys.com and in stores
- $499 – Beautyrest Greenwood 9’5″ Firm Queen Set
- Up to $1000 off select sets from Beautyrest Black Hybrid and Legend collections
- Up to $600 off Beautyrest Recharge and Serta iSeries collections
- 15 Hampton and Rhodes mattress sets under $1000
- Up to $400 off select adjustable bed bases
Sears typically offers a mix of major brands across a broad price range. In-store and online sales tend to be similar, though some may be online-only or vary by region.
Sears will release their holiday sales soon; check back!:
- $169 – Sertapedic Chiswick Firm Queen Mattress
- $499 – Sealy Response Kenney Tight Top Queen Mattress Set
- $647 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Plumstead Tight Top Queen Mattress Set
- $647 – Sealy Benish Tight Top Queen Mattress Set
- $300 in store gift card with Tempurpedic mattress sets
- $200 in store gift card with Stearns & Foster mattress sets
- $100 in reward points with Sealy Conform or Response mattress sets
- Up to $300 in points at Sears with select mattress sets.
Sleepy’s has both store and online promotions for major brands like Sealy and Tempurpedic. Sales are online and in stores.
The Sleepy’s holiday ad, will be coming soon, check back shortly:
- Refer to Mattress Firm — they now share the same promotions.
This year’s Memorial Day mattress deals are sure to be full of great beds and reasonable discounts. If you’re in need of a new bed this summer, it’s definitely something to keep in mind, as you can likely save a couple hundred dollars off average prices.
But, don’t blow your budget without some careful consideration! You’ll be much happier and well-rested the rest of the year if you thoroughly compare what’s out there, research reviews, and pick the best fit rather than settling during 2017 Memorial Day mattress sales.