Find the Best Labor Day Mattress Sale of the Summer
Want to find the best Labor Day mattress sale this year without wasting hours hunting through dozens of ads and locating specs? WTBB has you covered with our 2016 guide to Labor Day mattress deals.
We’re researching all of the top offers from major brands to bring you the latest information all in one place. So, this Labor Day, spend more time enjoying your holiday and less time losing sleep over mattresses. Finding the best Labor Day Mattress Sale can be tricky, but satisfying if you get it right and find the best mattress deal.
A good mattress is a long-term investment in your health and well-being. These are some of the best sales of the year for mattresses. Invest in yourself at one of the wisest times to do so. We’ll show you all you need to know to get a great price on a mattress during these great sales.
Our Favorite Labor Day Mattress Sales
|Brand||Features||Returns & Warranty||Price (Queen)|
|Amerisleep Liberty Bed||$1099|
|Astrabeds Harmony Bed||$2249|
| Beautyrest Black Viviane|
Luxury Firm Pillowtop
Best Labor Day Sales on Mattresses
Based on the available 2016 Labor Day mattress sales, we’ve highlighted a couple top values among the different mattress types and price ranges if you’re looking for a quick pick. These beds all offer better than average quality, value and do well in owner reviews.
Further down, we list all available deals from major online and store retailers if you want to see more.
Memory Foam Picks:
Memory foam mattresses have the highest rates of customer satisfaction and are available in most mattress stores and online. Here are our top 3 picks from this year’s Labor Day memory foam deals. Selection is based on specifications and quality versus price, reviews, and guarantees.
- Amerisleep Liberty Bed Plant-Based Memory Foam Mattress from Amerisleep.com ($1099)
- Serta iComfort Foresight Cushion Firm Memory Foam Set from Macy’s ($1272)
- Tempur Cloud Elite Memory Foam Mattress from Tempurpedic ($2999)
Latex Mattress Picks:
Very close to memory foam mattresses in customer satisfaction rates, latex mattresses are a little harder to find. They can be compressed to ship easily, so online purchases are convenient. Here are our top 2 picks from this year’s Labor Day latex mattress deals. Selection is based on specifications and quality versus price, reviews, and guarantees. There are not many retailers that have announced sales on latex beds, so selection is somewhat limited.
- Astrabeds Harmony Bed Organic Latex Mattress from Astrabeds.com ($2249)
Coil, or innerspring mattresses are widely available in stores and online. They have the lowest customer satisfaction rates of all the mattresses, but tend to be cheaper. Here are our top 5 picks from this year’s Labor Day innerspring and innerspring hybrid deals. Selection is based on specifications and quality versus price, reviews, and guarantees.
- Beautyrest Recharge Plus Santa Rosa Luxury Firm Set from Macy’s ($997)
- Sealy Posturepedic Caversham 11.5” Euro Top Set from Mattress Firm ($799)
- Serta Perfect Sleeper Luxury Super Pillowtop Set from 1800Mattress ($997)
- Beautyrest World Class Recharge Shakespeare Luxury Firm Set from Sleepy’s ($1299)
- Beautyrest Black Viviane Luxury Firm Pillowtop Set from Macy’s ($2337)
Like stores, deals tend to be concentrated on the week before the sales, though Overstock and others may run ads several weeks in advance. Some like Serta and Tempurpedic tend to mirror offers of their retail partners, but others like Amerisleep, US Mattress or 1800Mattress may have online exclusive deals and big discounts.Online retailers usually participate in Labor Day mattress sales, and may even offer better deals than retail stores due to stiffer competition and lower overhead expenses. You won’t have to haggle or negotiate with most online dealers as you often do in showrooms, also.
Labor Day Sales Online
Online retailers may also have a wider selection of options and sizes than physical shops, and they have the convenience factor as well, but just be sure to verify return policies.
Here are the online mattress stores and brands promoting Labor Day mattress sales:
Amerisleep is a brand of plant-based memory foam mattresses that sells direct online.
Online at Amerisleep.com, dates from 9/2 to 9/5.
- $200 off any plant-based memory foam mattress with code “LD200”. Includes free shipping and free returns.
- 20% off Amerisleep adjustable bed with the purchase of any mattress
Astrabeds sells all natural customizable latex mattresses and adjustable beds solely on the internet.
Online at Astrabeds.com from, dates from 9/2 to 9/5.
- $150 off any size Harmony organic latex mattress with code “LABORDAY”. Includes free shipping and free comfort exchanges.
- 20% off Ergo Evolution adjustable base with the purchase of any mattress
1-800-Mattress retails several major brand beds and also has smaller and house brands of memory foam, springs, and latex.
Online at 1800Mattress.com, dates unlisted.
- Up to 60% off Sealy, Serta, Hampton & Rhodes, and Beautyrest mattress sets.
- $199 – 1800 Mattress Collection Ortho-Posture Firm Euro Top Queen Set
- $429 – Serta Posturepedic Classic Series Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $499 – Serta Sertapedic Brookstone 7 Inch Gel Foam Queen Set
- $783 – Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Plush Queen Set
- $997 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Luxury Super Pillowtop Queen Set
- $1599 – Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Firm Queen Set
- $2049 – Simmons Beautyrest World Class Recharge Shakespeare Luxury Firm Super Pillowtop Queen Set
- $3399 – Tempur-Flex Elite Mattress Queen Set
Overstock is known for selling already discounted and closeout beds from their house lines and major brands, but they usually place extra discounts on selected mattresses and offer some additional savings during holidays.
Online at Overstock.com, dates TBA.
- Coming soon..
Serta sells various mattresses online and in retail partner stores.
Online at Serta.com, dates run through 9/12.
- Up to $800 off Serta Adjustable Base and Mattress Sets ($200-$300 off queen sets)
- Queen iComfort memory foam and adjustable sets start from $2774; Queen iComfort Hybrid spring and adjustable sets start from $2574.
- Free boxspring with iComfort mattresses (innerspring from $1074 in queen, memory foam from $1274)
Tempurpedic also sells direct online as well as through their retail partners.
Online at Tempurpedic.com, dates run through 9/11.
- Up to $300 off Elite and Luxe lines ($200 in queen size)
- Up to $200 card by mail with select Tempur Ergo base and mattress sets (in queen size, $75 with Ergo Plus, $150 with Ergo Premier)
Labor Day Sales in Stores
Brick-and-mortar stores usually begin offering Labor Day deals in the week or weekend leading up to Labor Day Monday, which is September 7 this year. As they begin being posted, we’ll get them up here for you.
Major retailers like Macy’s, Wal-Mart and Sears will usually put out newspaper ads the Sunday or Wednesday before, and they may also have exclusive regional or online deals advertised in other ways. National mattress chains like Mattress Firm and Sleepy’s will generally start sales before Labor Day weekend as well. As they roll out, we will be sorting and posting them here for you.
Here are the national retail stores promoting Labor Day mattress deals in 2016. Many of the offers will also be available on their websites as well, but not all.
Typically, Macy’s has a large mix of many different brands, including their own Macybed at discounted prices.
Online at Macys.com and in stores, dates run through 9/5, with some offers maybe running later.
- $147 – Sealy Cedar Valley Firm Queen Set
- $297 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Calm Canyon Firm Queen Set
- $397 – Beautyrest Classic Jillian Firm Queen Set
- $397 – Sealy Posturepedic Orchard Valley Firm Queen Set
- $497 – Sealy Posturepedic Cherry Hill Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $599 – Beautyrest Classic Bethany Plush Queen Set
- $697 – Beautyrest Recharge Mona Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $697 – Sealy Posturepedic Grant Park Ltd. Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $697 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Gentle Retreat Extra Firm or Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $797 – Sealy Posturepedic Grant Park Ltd. Cushion Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Set
- $797 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Gentle Retreat Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $797 – Beautyrest Recharge Mona Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $897 – Sealy Posturepedic Knotty Pines Firm, Cushion Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Set
- $997 – Beautyrest Recharge Plus Santa Rosa Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $997 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Hybrid Elegant Retreat Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $1272 – Serta iComfort Foresight Cushion Firm Memory Foam Queen Set
- $1297 – Stearns and Foster Estate Garrick Luxury Firm or Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $1797 – Beautyrest Black Giada Extra Firm Queen Set
- $1797 – Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Queen Set
- $2337 – Beautyrest Black Viviane Luxury Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $3299 – Tempurpedic Cloud Elite Extra Soft Queen Set
- $100-$300 off select Tempurpedic mattresses
- $50-$200 Tempur Ergo Premier and Ergo Plus adjustable bases ($1949 – Tempurpedic Ergo Premier base)
- Free box spring with Serta iComfort, Beautyrest World Class Hybrid, and Beautyrest Recharge World Class
Mattress Firm usually places a select handful of innerspring and memory foam sets on sale, and has a few doorbuster options at very low prices.
Online at MattressFirm.com and in stores, dates run through 9/5.
- $159 – Hampton and Rhodes Firm Queen Set (doorbuster, model unspecified)
- $199 – Hampton and Rhodes Pillowtop Queen Set (doorbuster, model unspecified)
- $299 – Sealy Parsons 8.5” Firm Queen Set
- $299 – Hampton and Rhodes HR200 7.5” Medium Firm Euro Top Queen Set
- $399 – Hampton and Rhodes HR300 9” Plush Queen Set
- $399 – Sealy Posturepedic Ashlin 9.75” Firm Queen Set
- $449 – Hampton and Rhodes HR340 10.5” Pillow Top Queen Set
- $449 – Hampton and Rhodes HR320 10” Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $499 – Hampton and Rhodes HR400 11.5” Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $499 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Alesbury 8” Plush Memory Foam Queen Set
- $549 – Hampton and Rhodes HR420S 12.25” Plush Queen Set
- $599 – Beautyrest Greenwood 9.5” Firm Queen Set
- $599 – Hampton and Rhodes HR440 12.5” Pillowtop Queen Set
- $699 – Sealy Posturepedic Caversham 10.5” Firm Queen Set
- $699 – Beautyrest Recharge Ashaway 11” Plush Queen Set
- $699 – Hampton and Rhodes Kona 13” Limited Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $799 – Sealy Posturepedic Caversham 11.5” Euro Top Queen Set
- $799 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Kozma 10” Plush Memory Foam Queen Set
- $799 – Beautyrest Recharge Hartfield 11.5” Luxury Firm Queen Set
- $899 – Sealy Posturepedic Chaleigh 12.5” Plush Queen Set
- $3199 – Serta SmartReact Park Vista Firm Queen Set
- $3299 – Beautyrest Black Hybrid Clermont Pillow Top Queen Set
- $3499 – Tempur-Cloud Supreme HD Queen Set
- $4798 – Tempur-Contour Rhapsody Luxe and Tempur-Ergo Plus Adjustable Base Queen Set
- Up to $300 off select Tempurpedic mattresses
- Up to $200 gift card by mail with select Tempur Ergo base and mattress sets
- Get up to $200 store credit with select custom collection sets from Beautyrest Black Hybrid, Tempurpedic Supreme HD or Serta SmartReact lines (applies to pillows, protectors, delivery)
- $449 Leggett and Platt 100 adjustable base with purchase of Custom Collection Beautyrest Black Hybrid or Serta SmartReact Elite mattresses
Like Macy’s, the Sears Labor Day sales tend to have a broad mix of affordable and higher-end brands, including names like Sealy, Serta, and Tempurpedic.
Online and in select stores, dates run through 9/11.
- $149 – Serta Coralee Queen Mattress
- $388 – Sealy Posturepedic Carrsville Queen Set
- $388 – Serta Amber Creek Memory Foam Queen Set
- $588 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Taryn Queen Set
- $588 – Sealy Posturepedic Keene Euro Top Queen Set
- $796 – Sealy Posturepedic Leola Tight Top Queen Set
- $796 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Springview Super Pillow Top Queen Set
- $796 – Beautyrest Recharge Madelyn Pillow Top Queen Set
- $895 – Sealy Posturepedic Leola Euro Pillow Top Queen Set
- $895 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Glenellen Super Pillow Top Queen Set
- $895 – Beautyrest Recharge Ultra St. Caroline Tight Top Queen Set
- $50 Sears card with select beds over $749
- $100 Sears card with Beautyrest Platinum sets
- $200 Sears card with Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid or Stearns and Foster sets
- $300 Sears card with Tempurpedic or Tempur-Flex mattress sets.
- Free boxspring with Serta iComfort and iComfort Hybrid mattresses.
- Up to 60% off mattress sets.
- $75-$800 off adjustable base sets (savings vary by brand/model/size)
Sleepy’s labor day mattress sale usually includes a few promotional mattresses and innerspring and memory foam deals from major brands. They usually feature the same online and in store offers.
Online at sleepys.com and in stores, dates run through 9/5.
- Up to ½ off every mattress.
- $199 – Ortho Posture Firm Euro Top Queen Set
- $299 – Sealy 5 Inch Emmett Creek Foam Firm Queen Set
- $399 – Beautyrest Recharge Shakespeare Firm Queen Set
- $499 – Ortho Posture 11 Inch Essential Comfort Firm Queen Set
- $599 – Laura Ashley Ainsley Plush Queen Set
- $699 – Beautyrest Recharge Shakespeare Plush Queen Set
- $799 – Sealy Posturepedic Santa Ana Cushion Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Set
- $899 – Beautyrest Recharge Shakespeare Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $1099 – Sealy Posturepedic Port Luxury Plush Queen Set
- $1299 – Beautyrest World Class Recharge Shakespeare Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- Free boxspring with any Serta mattress.
- Up to $600 of G.S. Stearns mattresses (queen sets from $1899), and up to $600 off Reflexion 4 adjustable base.
- From up to $300 off select Tempurpedic mattresses and up to $200 off select Tempur Ergo adjustable base sets.
Labor Day Mattress Guide
Mattresses are larger purchases and should last for years, so most people don’t shop for them too often. One top of sifting through new brands and technologies, it can be overwhelming trying to find the right deal for you amidst the vast amount of sales near a holiday.
This guide should ease your burden by simplifying things a little. Here is a short list of some things that you should be mindful of while bargain hunting.
Discounts vs Real Prices
Some retailers may hike “original/retail/MSRP” prices far beyond what a mattress would normally sell for in order to exaggerate the discount during a sale. In the retail world, this is known as “price anchoring,” because retailers try to anchor a perception of value with a high price, making discounts seem larger. Always compare the mattress specifications with others on the market and look at the value versus the markdown percentage.
It’s always wise to check fine print for deals and ads, because some terms may not be clear. For example, some discounts may only be in the form of gift cards or store credit, or you may have to mail in for rebate offers within a specific period of time. Other offers may require the purchase of accessories, or may be limited to specific areas/times.
Lack of Information
If the retailer can’t tell you about what’s in the mattress (basics like coil count, layer thickness, foam density, etc), than it is hard to comparison shop and know if you found a good value. Be wary of retailers or brands that don’t want to provide you basic specification details. Ask questions and be persistent on the points that matter most to you.
Many stores will offer special low-priced beds just during sales to grab attention. Sometimes these can be good deals, other times they may be very low quality and not designed for regular use or to stand up for more than a couple years (versus 8 to 10 for average beds).
Warranties & Returns
The other thing you always want to watch for are warranty and return policy terms, as some brands may change their policies during sales, and these guarantees also play a role in the overall value of a mattress.
We hope this guide to Labor Day mattress sales makes your holiday shopping a little easier! If you want more information on beds, you might also enjoy some of WTBB’s other guides like our best mattress picks of summer 2016 or how to choose a mattress based on your sleep habits.
Let us know below if you have any questions about Labor Day mattress sale listings or if you have any tips for fellow shoppers!