The 2016 Memorial Day mattress sales are coming up and we’ve got the scoop on where all the hot deals are. Innerspring, memory foam and latex beds from all kinds of retailers and brands will be marked down significantly on and around the holiday, so mark your calender.
In 2016, the holiday falls on the 30th of May. In previous years sales have begun as early as the first day of the month, but most don’t really start until the Thursday or Friday before the holiday weekend. This year that weekend begins on the Friday the 27th. You can expect to see retailers rolling out the advertisements a little earlier, though.
The Best Memorial Day Mattress Sales of 2016
Using all the information available on the upcoming sales, we’ve selected a few of our favorites if you just want to cut to the chase and start shopping now. The Memorial weekend sales are separated into three categories based on bed type to make it easier to find options that appeal to you. Check out some of the best innerspring, memory foam and latex deals out there.
Top Memory Foam Picks:
Below are some of the most promising deals offered during Memorial Day weekend if you’re in search of memory foam. Direct selling name brands like Tempurpedic, Amerisleep and iComfort all have specials for the holiday weekend, as do discounters like Costco and Overstock. Foam density, firmness, reviews, return policies, durability and warranties were considered among other criteria during our selection for the beds highlighted below.
|Amerisleep Liberty Bed||12” profile, med-soft|
3” 4.0 lb plant-based MF + 2" affinity foam
100 days / 20 years
|Laura Ashley Elena 12″ Foam Set||12” profile, plush|
2” 3.0lb gel MF
2" foam, 8" foam core
21 days / 10 years
|Serta iComfort Savant III Firm Bed||11.5” profile, firm|
3” ? lb gel MF + 2" poly foam
120 days / 10 years
Top Latex Picks
One of the more recently popular types of beds available, latex mattresses can be harder to find in stores than others, especially if you’re looking for organic options. Online, you can find some reputable dealers though like Astrabeds. Of the many we looked over, there were very few latex brands offering deals this year. The key places to look are listed below.
|Astrabeds Harmony Bed||10” profile, custom|
9” organic latex
Organic cotton/wool cover
90 days / 25 years
|Nature's Rest Virture Eurotop Set||17” profile, plush |
3.75” poly foam
4.5” blended latex foams
5” natural latex core
No Returns / 20 years
|Essentia Energie Opus Bed||?” profile, medium|
3” 'natural' MF (latex)
5” natural latex core
Organic cotton cover
60 days / 20 years
Top Innerspring Picks
In a wide and competitive market, innerspring offers are abound. From ever popular brands like Posturepedic and Serta to discount options, there are both entry-level and higher end deals on spring beds from all types of stores. Here are our top picks for the 2016 Memorial Day mattress sales based on coil count, topper materials, and other quality factors versus price.
|Sealy Posturepedic Santa Ana Cushion Firm Euro Pillowtop Set||14” profile, firm|
?” foam + gel MF top
? bonnell coils
21 days / 10 years
|Serta iComfort Applause II Firm Set||12" profile, firm|
2” foam + 0.5" gel MF top
952 pocket coils
120 days / 10 years
|Beautyrest World Class Providence Pillow Top Set||14.5” profile, plush|
?” foam + gel foam + MF + fiber top
1000 pocket coils
100 days / 10 years
2016 Memorial Day Mattress Sale Guide
You wouldn’t climb Everest without a Sherpa and you shouldn’t try to navigate Memorial Day mattress sales without a little help, either. There are many factors to consider normally when shopping for a new bed, and in the midst of all these rebates, discounts, freebies and other offers it can get a little confusing to find the best bed and the best over deal.
We’ll be combing through ads, websites, newsletters and nearly anything that might contain offers on beds and adjustable bases to find some of the best. Before we get to that, though, there are some things you should know to get the most from holiday events.
Get prepared early.
Though Memorial Day mattress sales don’t start until the holiday weekend, you can get some glimpses early. Check out websites and ads to see what deals are going to be out there. You can often see who will have sales based on who published them in previous years. It’s also smart to start testing beds and researching what type you want well before the big holiday, as the more information you have in advance, the better.
Keep your preferences in mind.
Don’t get too caught up in the excitement of scoring a deal. You may end up committing to something that doesn’t suit your needs. What are you looking for in a bed besides a good deal?
Write some features down and see what is available. Include your partner in the search if applicable, and consider what firmness, materials and size you should be looking for. Do you need a new frame or foundation? Are you looking to upgrade or stick to a budget? Do you need new pillows and bedding, too? Some offers will include things like boxsprings and bedding, but these are only a good bet if you actually need those things.
Having an idea of what you want is wise if you want to come away with something you’ll be comfortable with for a long time. Don’t compromise comfort or value to save a buck, if you plan on getting good sleep and using the bed for several years.
Understand the fine print.
Hasty decisions could leave you with a lemon. Make sure to look at the company’s return policy and warranties. Each one will be a little different and can make all the difference. You should have at least 30 days to return if doesn’t work out, at the warranty should cover reasonable sagging and defects.
Nearly every brand and retailer will have Memorial Day sales, from department stores to showrooms and even mattress discounters. Brands that sell direct online also usually have good promotions. You have all weekend to look around, and you can start by comparing around online or testing some beds in stores so you don’t have to waste a ton of time once the weekend finally arrives. Make sure you get a good look at what is out there before picking.
Companies often allow their customers to review their products on their sites. Independent review websites are also a good place for information and opinions. See what people are saying about the mattresses you are considering. Reviews can tell you quite a bit about quality, customer service, and if a bed meets people’s expectations.
Online Memorial Day Mattress Sales
More and more people are shopping for mattresses using the internet, and why not? Showrooms, driving all over town and pushy salesmen are often less than pleasant, and who wants to spend the first holiday of summer in bed stores. Online, comparison shopping is easier since you can check dozens of sources at once, and the deals can often be better, too.
Most online retailers will extend promotions over the weekend and some may even last for longer. You can start checking them out about a week before the holiday. Here are some of the brands you may come across.
This brand purveys plant-based memory foam beds solely online.
- Sale runs through 5/30 at Amerisleep.com
- All memory foam mattresses $200 off with savings code MD200. Applies to all models and sizes, with beds starting at $549 during the sale.
- 20% off the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed with the purchase of a mattress (making it $1280 in queen / $2240 in split king).
Astrabeds sells all-natural and customizable latex mattresses with certified organic components and adjustable bed frames online.
- Sale runs through 5/30 at Astrabeds.com
- All organic latex mattresses $200 off with savings code MEM200. Applies to both models and all sizes, with beds starting at $1199 during the sale.
You can find several major brands and smaller brands at 1800Mattress. They sell memory foam, latex, and innersprings.
- The specifics of the 1800mattress sale is yet to be announced, just a general sign so far. Check back soon!
This company sells discounted beds from major brands along with their own lines. For special occasions, these mattresses are discounted further.
- Extra 20% off select mattresses.
Serta is a well-known brand of memory foam, innersprings and hybrids who is now selling directly to customers on their website.
- Runs through 6/6 online at Serta.com and via some retailers.
- $100-$400 off iComfort and iComfort Hybrid mattress sets, amount depends on model and size.
- $200-$800 off Serta Motion Perfect III or Motion Comfort II adjustable beds, amount depends on size and model and possibly the mattress it’s paired with.
This established, dealer-distributed brand of memory foam also sells to customers online.
- Runs through 6/6 at Tempurpedic.com, and offers also available at some retailers.
- Up to $300 credit for accessories like pillows and linens with purchase of a mattress and foundation set or mattress and adjustable bed set.
- $150-$400 gift card by mail with purchase of adjustable base and a select Breeze mattresses (amount depends on size and model).
- 25% off sheets and pillows
Memorial Day Sales in Stores
If you’d rather stick to the traditional method of shopping, these brick-and-mortar Memorial Day mattress sales are for you. Major retailers like Sears, Macy’s and Mattress Firm typically send ads out a week or so prior to their sales.
Here are some of the top retail store deals we have come across.
Macy’s Memorial Day sales usually includes discounts for major brands like Serta, Sealy and Tempupedic. They also have their own line, Macybed, and models that are exclusive to their stores. Sales are both in stores and online for the most part.
Here are the beds listed in the Macy’s ad for the holiday week/weekend, which runs through 6/5:
- $149 – Sealy Cedar Valley Firm Innerspring Queen Mattress ($239 after doorbuster special)
- $399 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Calm Canyon Queen Innerspring Set ($599 after doorbuster special)
- $399 – Sealy Posturepedic Orchard Valley Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $499 – Beautyrest Classic Bethany Plush Queen Innerspring Set ($699 after doorbuster special)
- $699 – Sealy Posturepedic Grant Park Ltd. Plush or Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set ($899 after doorbuster special)
- $699 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Gentle Retreat Extra Firm or Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $809 – Beautyrest Recharge Mona Firm or Plush Queen Innerspring Se
- $809 – Beautyrest Recharge Mona Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $809 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Gentle Retreat Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $899 – Sealy Posturepedic Grant Park Ltd. Cushion Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $899 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Hybrid Elegant Retreat Firm or Plush Queen Innerspring Set
- $989 – Sealy Posturepedic Knotty Pines Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $989 – Sealy Posturepedic Knotty Pines Cushion Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $989 – Beautyrest Recharge Plus Santa Rosa Extra Firm, Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Innerspring Set
- $1079 – Beautyrest Recharge Plus Santa Rosa Luxury Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $1287 – Beautyrest World Class Hybrid 3.0 Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $1299 – Stearns and Foster Estate Garrick Luxury Firm or Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $1799 – Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Hybrid Queen Set
- $3999 – Tempur-pedic Flex Supreme Breeze Hybrid Queen Set (with $300 mail in rebate)
You can find innerspring and memory foam discounted at Mattress Firm for the holiday. Sales are in stores and online.
Here are the offers listed in the Mattress Firm ad, which runs through 5/31:
- $199.99 – Door Buster Pillowtop Innerspring Mattress Set
- $299.99 – Sealy Firm Innerspring Full or Queen Set
- $399.99 – Hampton and Rhodes Plush Queen Innerspring Set
- $499.99 – Serta Memory Foam Queen Set
- $499.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $499.99 – Beautyrest Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $699.99 – Hampton and Rhodes Cushion Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $749.99 – Beautyrest Recharge Plush Innerspring Queen Set
- $799.99 – Serta Memory Foam Queen Set
- $899.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Plush Innerspring Queen Set
- $999.99 – Beautyrest Recharge Firm Pillowtop Innerspring Queen Set
- $999.99 – Beautyrest Recharge Plush Innerspring Queen Set
- $1099.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Cushion Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $1399.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Cushion Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $1499.99 – Beautyrest Recharge World Class Plush Innerspring Queen Set
- $1499.99 – Beautyrest Recharge World Class Plush Pillow Top Innerspring Queen Set
- Free pillow, frame and delivery with select Beautyrest Black sets
- Free pillow and frame with select Serta Smart React Elite or exclusive Tempur models.
- Up to $300 instant savings on Tempur Breeze mattress sets.
- Up to $400 card by mail in rebate with select Tempur adjustable base and Breeze mattress sets.
Sears typically offers a mix of major brands across a broad price range. In-store and online sales tend to be similar, though some may be online-only or vary by region.
Sears website list the following offers, with some online beds appearing to be discounted, but the main offers available in-store only:
- Up to 60% off select beds.
- $100 Sears store card with in-store purchase of Beautyrest Black/Platinum/Platinum Hybrid, Sealy Optimum/Posturepedic Hybrid, and select Serta iComfort/iComfort Hybrid mattress and foundation sets.
- $200 Sears store card or a headboard, grill or 32″ TV with in-store purchase of Stearns and Foster or selected Serta iComfort mattress sets.
- $300 Sears store card with in-store purchase Tempurpedic mattress sets.
Sleepy’s has both store and online promotions for major brands like Sealy and Tempurpedic. Sales are online and in stores.
The following offers are listed in Sleepy’s holiday ad, with no apparent established dates on the release:
- Up to $400 gift card by mail with Tempur Breeze mattress sets (varies by model and price)
- Blanket and pillow with Beautyrest Legend, Phenom or Ultimate mattresses.
- Boxspring included with Beautyrest Recharge or Worldclass beds.
- Up to $500 off Serta iComfort mattresses and $500 of Serta adjustable bases, depending on size/model.
- $299 – Ortho Posture Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $499 – Sealy Posturepedic Alpenglow Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $599 – Ortho Posture Essential Comfort Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $699 – Spring Air Firm or Plush Queen Innerspring Set
- $799 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Dunlake Luxury Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $799 – Broyhill 12″ Firm Memory Foam Queen Mattress
- $899 – Sealy Posturepedic Santa Ana Cushion Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $999 – Laura Ashley Luxury Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $999 – Broyhill Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $1399 – Laura Ashley Elena 12″ Queen Foam Set
This year’s Memorial Day mattress deals are sure to be full of great beds and reasonable discounts. If you’re in need of a new bed this summer, it’s definitely something to keep in mind, as you can likely save a couple hundred dollars off average prices.
But, don’t blow your budget without some careful consideration! You’ll be much happier and well-rested the rest of the year if you thoroughly compare what’s out there, research reviews, and pick the best fit rather than settling during 2016 Memorial Day mattress sales.