The summer is upon us and with it are the incredible 4th of July mattress sales, but they won’t last long. So, hurry and start comparing the deals to get yourself into the bed of your dreams.
Independence Day is a time for celebrating our nation’s freedom, barbecues and quality time with the loved ones. It is also a great time to find some amazing bargains on a wide variety of beds. Sealy, Tempurpedic, Serta, Macy’s and many other mattress retailers will be pulling out the stops to move some beds out of the warehoused and into your bedroom.
However, you cannot climb Everest without your Sherpa and you shouldn’t jump into the frenzy of these sales without a little help. This guide will give you the tools you need to be a discriminating Independence Day mattress sale shopper. We’ve also highlighted what the best beds are in general, regardless of the holiday season.
We will be going through piles of ads, newsletters, websites and any other promotional material we can get out hands on and will compile the top deals in this easy-to-read guide. You can sit back and relax while we do the bulk of the work. But pay attention and act fast because these deals will disappear faster than a firecracker in a bonfire.
Best Independence Day Mattress Sales
Here is our compilation of the many great deals we found. They won’t be posted until they are revealed by the retailers, which should be near the end of June. Check back early. Check back often. You don’t want to miss out on this year’s 4th of July mattress sales!
Our Favorite Deals
|Bed||Specs||Sale Price||Retailer (Return Policy / Warranty)|
|Amerisleep AS3||12” profile, medium|
3” 4.0 lb plant-based MF + 2" affinity foam
|Queen Price: $1199 with promo code JULY100||Amerisleep.com
(100 days / 20 years)
|Beautyrest World Class Hybrid 3.0 Cushion Firm Queen Mattress Set||13” profile, med-firm|
?” foam + gel MF + fiber top
1000 pocket coils
|Queen Price: $1299||Macy's
(60 days / 10 years)
|Serta iComfort Blue 500 Queen Mattress Set||11.25” profile, plush|
0.75” ? Gel MF + 3.5" ? MF
|Queen Price: $1599||Serta
(120 days / 10 years)
Online at Amerisleep.com, through 7/4.
- $100 off any plant-based memory foam mattress with code JULY100. Includes free shipping and free returns.
- Up to 17% off Amerisleep adjustable bed packages.
Online at Macys.com and in stores, through 7/4.
- $297 – Sealy Blue Arbor Fim Queen Mattress Set
- $397 – Sealy Essentials Rustic Pass Firm Queen Mattress Set
- $497 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elegant Haven Cushion Firm Queen Mattress Set
- $497 – Beautyrest Cove Point Plush Queen Mattress Set
- $697 – Beautyrest Silver Golden Gate Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Mattress Set
- $697 – Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Mattress Set
- $797 – Macybed Lux by Kingsdown Cushion Firm Memory Foam Queen Mattress Set
- $897 – Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Cushion Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Mattress Set
- $897 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Graceful Haven Cushion Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Mattress Set
- $997 – Sealy Posturepedic Shore Drive Cushion Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Mattress Set
- $997 – Beautyrest Silver Waterscape Extra Firm Queen Mattress Set
- $997 – Beautyrest World Class Keaton Extra Firm Queen Mattress Set
- $1197 – Beautyrest World Class Keaton Luxury Firm or Luxury Plush Pillowtop Queen Mattress Set
- $1214 – Stearns & Foster Garrick Luxury Firm or Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Mattress Set
- $1274 – Serta iComfort Hybrid Island Retreat II Firm or Plush Queen Mattress Set
- $1299 – Beautyrest World Class Hybrid 3.0 Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Mattress Set
- $1394 – Stearns & Foster Garrick Luxury Plush or Luxury Cushion Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Mattress Set
- $1574 – Stearns & Foster Estate Palace Luxury Ultra Firm, Luxury Firm or Luxury Plush Queen Mattress Set
- $1664 – Stearns & Foster Palace Luxury Firm Euro Pillowtop or Luxury Plush Queen Mattress Set
- $1797 – Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Queen Mattress Set
- $2497 – Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Streamline Plush Queen Mattress Set
- $797 – Leggett & Platt Universal Base II, Full or Twin XL
Online at MattressFirm.com and in stores and at Sleepy’s, through 7/4.
- $179 and up – Hampton & Rhodes Queen Mattress Sets
- $399 – Serta Memory Foam Queen Mattress
- $549 – Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Plush Queen Mattress
- $999 and under – Over 15 Queen Mattress Sets
- Up to $400 off Beautyrest Black Hybrid Plus collection
- Select mattress sets over $1999 qualify for free pillow, bed frame or mattress protector.
- Free LP 50 adjustable base with select mattress, not valid with any other offer, details limited in ad.
Online at Sears.com and in select stores, through 7/8.
- $169 – Serta Chiswick Queen Mattress
- $647 – Beautrest Silver Wavecrest Queen Mattress Set
- $647 – Sealy Response Performance Benish Tight Top Queen Mattress Set
- $647 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Plumstead Queen Mattress Set
- $796 – Beautrest Silver Navy Pier Queen Mattress Set
- $796 – Sealy Response Performance Dolby Tight Top Queen Mattress Set
- $796 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Teddington Queen Mattress Set
- Free boxspring with Sealy Conform Treat, Optimistic, Thrilled, or
- Gratifying beds; Beautyrest Platinum and Platinum Hybrid beds; and iComfort and iComfort Hybrid beds
- $100 Sears Reward card with Sealy Conform High Spirits, Fondness, Thrilled or Gratifying sets or Beautyrest Black or Silver Hybrid sets
- $300 Sears Reward card with Tempurpedic sets.
Online at Serta.com and in select retailers, through 7/10.
- Free boxspring with mattresses
- Up to $800 off mattress and adjustable bed sets (discount varies based on mattress and base model/size). Applies only to Motion Perfect III and Mortion Comfort II bases.
See Mattress Firm listing – Sleepy’s now has the same promotions.
Online at Tempurpedic.com, through 7/16.
- Up to $500 off Breeze collection mattresses, based on size and model.
- For the Tempur-Flex Supreme Breeze and Tempur-Cloud Supreme Breeze, take $75 off queen size. For the Tempur-Contour Elite Breeze,
- $200 off queen size. For the Tempur-Cloud Luxe Breeze, $400 of queen size.
- $300 off adjustable bases with mattress purchase. Applies to Temper-Ergo Premier or Tempur-Ergo Plus models.
4th of July Mattress Sales Guide
This year’s Independence Day mattress sales will take many different forms. We are even likely to see some promotions we’ve never seen before. Some of the things we see every year are bound to return. You can expect to find these during the sales:
Freebies – Everyone loves a giveaway. During the 4th of July mattress sales, retailers will be offering many different free items or services with a purchase. Sheets, pillows and even whole beds may be given away with purchases. Be sure to estimate the value of the freebie and consider what you are paying before committing.
Discounts – We are all familiar with discounts. These are price reductions taken off at the register when you make a purchase. Expect to see significant percentages discounted from original prices. Do your math and compare savings from different retailers.
Rebates – Unlike discounts, rebates are dollar amounts or items received after making a purchase. Typically, the purchaser will confirm their purchase with the manufacturer or retailer.
Promotional Beds – Many retailers offer lower-quality mattresses at rock-bottom prices to get people in the door or on their page. There could be some issues with these, but if you don’t plan on using the bed much, you can find some terrific deals.
Things to Look Out For
Not all will be gold during these July 4th mattress sales. You need to be able to sort out the good deals from those that are designed to sucker you in and make a poor purchase. Don’t act in haste and remember a few of these tips to make a solid purchase at a superb price:
Lack of Disclosure – Sometimes retailers will leave specifics about their products and services out of their advertisements and other materials. This should serve as a big warning sign to consumers. If a company doesn’t want to tell you what is in their product or what is covered by the warranty, you probably don’t want to know. Stick to the honest and forthcoming retailers and you’ll be fine.
Fine Print – Get your magnifying glass out and inspect the tiny verbiage. You never know what you may find. Rebates may be offered for in-store credit only or may need to be redeemed very quickly. Take your time and inspect all aspects of their offer.
Bogus Discounts – Sometimes retailers will mark their original prices up significantly in order to advertise a large discount. Compare prices from different retailers to avoid the bogus discount blues.
Warranties and Returns – Like fine print, warranties and returns need to be inspected thoroughly. You should have at least 30 days to decide if you want the mattress or not. Ten years is a good amount of time for a warranty. Keep in mind, warranties can be prorated or not, so be sure you know which it is.
How to Get the Best Deals
There is no guarantee of success during these sales, but with a little guidance and some gumpshun you can improve your odds.
Start looking as soon as the sales start. The more time you have, the better. Some deals may only be available for a short period of time.
Save some time by looking online. Most sales will be advertised online so you can do much of the work from your home. You can even purchase mattresses online and avoid all the hubbub of a busy store.
Remember your preferences but don’t go over budget. If you are looking for a latex mattress, don’t allow yourself to be talked into an innerspring without some careful consideration. Firmness preferences are unique to the individual, so find out what feels the best to you.
Happy Fourth and Good Luck!
Now you are fully prepared to tackle some of the year’s most exciting sales. A great night’s sleep awaits you. This year is shaping up to be one to remember! Tell us how your experience went in the comment section below.