The summer is upon us and with it are the incredible 4th of July mattress sales, but they won’t last long. So, hurry and start comparing the deals to get yourself into the bed of your dreams.
Independence Day is a time for celebrating our nation’s freedom, barbecues and quality time with the loved ones. It is also a great time to find some amazing bargains on a wide variety of beds. Sealy, Tempurpedic, Serta, Macy’s and many other mattress retailers will be pulling out the stops to move some beds out of the warehoused and into your bedroom.
However, you cannot climb Everest without your Sherpa and you shouldn’t jump into the frenzy of these sales without a little help. This guide will give you the tools you need to be a discriminating Independence Day mattress sale shopper.
We will be going through piles of ads, newsletters, websites and any other promotional material we can get out hands on and will compile the top deals in this easy-to-read guide. You can sit back and relax while we do the bulk of the work. But pay attention and act fast because these deals will disappear faster than a firecracker in a bonfire.
Best Independence Day Mattress Sales
Here is our compilation of the many great deals we found. They won’t be posted until they are revealed by the retailers, which should be near the end of June. Check back early. Check back often. You don’t want to miss out on this year’s 4th of July mattress sales!
Our Favorite Deals
|Bed||Specs||Sale Price||Retailer (Return Policy / Warranty)|
|Amerisleep Liberty Bed||12” profile, med-soft|
3” 4.0 lb plant-based MF + 2" affinity foam
|Queen Price: $1099 with promo code JULY200||Amerisleep.com|
(100 days / 20 years)
|Astrabeds Harmony||10” profile, custom|
9” organic latex
Organic cotton/wool cover
|Queen Price: $2,249.00 with promo code JULY150||Astrabeds.com|
(90 days / 25 years)
|Beautyrest Black Reyna Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set||13” profile|
?” foam + gel foam + MF + fiber top
1000 pocket coils
|Queen Price: $1497||Macy's|
Online at Amerisleep.com, through 7/4.
- $200 off any plant-based memory foam mattress with code JULY200. Includes free shipping and free returns.
- 20% off Amerisleep adjustable bed with the purchase of any mattress.
Online at Astrabeds.com, through 7/4.
- $150 off any organic latex mattress with code “JULY150”. Includes free shipping and free comfort exchanges.
- 20% off Ergo Evolution adjustable bed with the purchase of any mattress
Online at Macys.com and in stores, through 7/4, with some offers through 7/10.
- $247 – Sertapedic Fitzhugh Plush Queen Set
- $277 – Sealy Cedar Valley Firm Queen Set
- $377 – Sealy Posturepedic Orchard Valley Firm Queen Set
- $399 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Calm Canyon Firm Queen Set
- $477 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Cool Mist Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $497 – Beautyrest Classic Bethany Plush Queen Set
- $677 – Sealy Posturepedic Grant Park Ltd. Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $677 – Beautyrest Recharge Mona Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $697 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Gentle Retreat Extra Firm or Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $777 – Macybed Lux by Kingsdown Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $797 – Beautyrest Recharge Mona Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $797 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Gentle Retreat Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $897 – Sealy Posturepedic Grant Park Ltd. Cushion Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Set
- $997 – Beautyrest Recharge Plus Santa Rosa Extra Firm, Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $997 – Sealy Posturepedic Knotty Pines Firm Queen Set
- $997 – Sealy Posturepedic Knotty Pines Cushion Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Set
- $997 – Beautyrest Recharge World Class Keaton Extra Firm Queen Set
- $1197 – Beautyrest Recharge World Class Keaton Luxury Firm or Luxury Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $1272 – iComfort Foresight Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $1297 – Stearns and Foster Estate Garrick Luxury Firm or Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $1397 – Stearns and Foster Estate Palace Luxury Ultra Firm, Luxury Firm, or Luxury Plush Queen Set
- $1497 – Beautyrest World Class Hybrid 3.0 Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $1797 – Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Queen Set
- $1797 – Beautyrest Black Giada Extra Firm Queen Set
- $2067 – Beautyrest Black Reyna Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $3799 – Tempurpedic Contour Rhapsody Luxe Medium Firm Queen Mattress
- Free TV with select Tempurpedic, iComfort and Beautyrest Worldclass Hybrid sets by mail in offer.
Online at MattressFirm.com and in stores, through 7/4.
- $209 – Hampton and Rhodes HR200 Medium Firm Euro Top Queen Set
- $299 – Sealy Parsons 8.5” Firm Queen Set
- $399 – Hampton and Rhodes HR300 9” Plush Queen Set
- $399 – Sealy Posturepedic Ashlin 9.75” Firm Queen Set
- $449 – Hampton and Rhodes HR340 10.5” Pillow Top Queen Set
- $499 – Hampton and Rhodes HR320 10” Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $499 – Beautyrest Greenwood 9.5” Firm Queen Set
- $549 – Hampton and Rhodes HR400 11.5” Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $549 – Hampton and Rhodes HR420S 12.25” Plush Queen Set
- $599 – Hampton and Rhodes HR440 12.5” Pillowtop Queen Set
- $599 – Hampton and Rhodes HR500 10.75” Plush Queen Set
- $599 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Alesbury 8” Plush Memory Foam Queen Set
- $699 – Hampton and Rhodes Kona 13” Limited Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $749 – Sealy Posturepedic Caversham 10.5” Firm Queen Set
- $799 – Beautyrest Recharge Ashaway 11” Plush Queen Set
- $799 – Beautyrest Recharge Hartfield 11.5” Luxury Firm Queen Set
- $799 – Hampton and Rhodes Limited Hana 15” Pillow Top Queen Set
- $899 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Kozma 10” Plush Memory Foam Queen Set
- $899 – Sealy Posturepedic Chaleigh 12.5” Plush Queen Set
- $899 – Sealy Posturepedic Caversham 11.5” Euro Top Queen Set
- $3299 – Beautyrest Black Hybrid Clermont Pillow Top Queen Set
- $3299 – Serta Smart React Elite Loma Vista Plush Queen Set
- $3499 – Tempurpedic Tempur Cloud Supreme HD Queen Set
- Up to $300 off select Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Elite sets.
Online at Sears.com and in select stores, through 7/10.
- $178 – Serta Coralee Queen Mattress
- $398 – Sealy Posturepedic Carrsville Queen Set
- $647 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Southport Tight Top Queen Set
- $647 – Sealy Posturepedic Lynnview Tight Top Queen Set
- $647 – Beautyrest Recharge Grady Tight Top Queen Set
- $796 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Springview Super Pillow Top Queen Set
- $647 – Sealy Posturepedic Mackville Euro Pillow Top Queen Set
- $647 – Beautyrest Recharge Madelyn Pillow Top Queen Set
- Up to 60% off mattress sets.
- $100 Sears card with Beautyrest Platinum, Beautyrest Hybrid, Sealy Optimum, Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid, iComfort (Savant III, Prodigy III, Guidance, Foresight), iComfort Hybrid (Expertise, Applause II, Observer, Recognition, Advisor) mattress sets.
- $200 Sears card or choice of headboard, BBQ grill or TV with Stearns and Foster, iComfort Hybrid (HB300s or HB500S) mattress sets.
- $300 Sears card with Tempurpedic or Tempur-Flex mattress sets.
Online at Serta.com and in select retailers, through 7/11.
- Up to $800 off Serta Adjustable Base and Mattress Sets ($200-$300 off queen sets)
- Queen iComfort memory foam and adjustable sets start from $2774; Queen iComfort Hybrid spring and adjustable sets start from $2574.
Online at Sleepys.com and in stores, dates unspecified.
- Up to ½ off every mattress.
- $499 – Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Shakespeare Queen Set
- $599 – Sealy Posturepedic Alpenglow Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $779 – Broyhill 12” Gel Memory Foam Cushion Firm Queen Mattress
- $1099 – Sealy Posturepedic Port Luxury Plush Queen Set
- $1499 – Simmons Beautyrest World Class Recharge Shakespeare Luxury Plush Queen Set
- $1499 – Simmons Beautyrest World Class Recharge Shakespeare Luxury Firm Queen Set
- 2 Free Tempurpedic Pillows with any Tempurpedic mattress or set.
Online at Tempurpedic.com, dates to be announced.
- Check back! Tempurpedic usually puts small discounts on their memory foam mattresses and/or adjustable bed sets.
4th of July Mattress Sales Guide
This year’s Independence Day mattress sales will take many different forms. We are even likely to see some promotions we’ve never seen before. Some of the things we see every year are bound to return. You can expect to find these during the sales:
Freebies – Everyone loves a giveaway. During the 4th of July mattress sales, retailers will be offering many different free items or services with a purchase. Sheets, pillows and even whole beds may be given away with purchases. Be sure to estimate the value of the freebie and consider what you are paying before committing.
Discounts – We are all familiar with discounts. These are price reductions taken off at the register when you make a purchase. Expect to see significant percentages discounted from original prices. Do your math and compare savings from different retailers.
Rebates – Unlike discounts, rebates are dollar amounts or items received after making a purchase. Typically, the purchaser will confirm their purchase with the manufacturer or retailer.
Promotional Beds – Many retailers offer lower-quality mattresses at rock-bottom prices to get people in the door or on their page. There could be some issues with these, but if you don’t plan on using the bed much, you can find some terrific deals.
Things to Look Out For
Not all will be gold during these July 4th mattress sales. You need to be able to sort out the good deals from those that are designed to sucker you in and make a poor purchase. Don’t act in haste and remember a few of these tips to make a solid purchase at a superb price:
Lack of Disclosure – Sometimes retailers will leave specifics about their products and services out of their advertisements and other materials. This should serve as a big warning sign to consumers. If a company doesn’t want to tell you what is in their product or what is covered by the warranty, you probably don’t want to know. Stick to the honest and forthcoming retailers and you’ll be fine.
Fine Print – Get your magnifying glass out and inspect the tiny verbiage. You never know what you may find. Rebates may be offered for in-store credit only or may need to be redeemed very quickly. Take your time and inspect all aspects of their offer.
Bogus Discounts – Sometimes retailers will mark their original prices up significantly in order to advertise a large discount. Compare prices from different retailers to avoid the bogus discount blues.
Warranties and Returns – Like fine print, warranties and returns need to be inspected thoroughly. You should have at least 30 days to decide if you want the mattress or not. Ten years is a good amount of time for a warranty. Keep in mind, warranties can be prorated or not, so be sure you know which it is.
How to Get the Best Deals
There is no guarantee of success during these sales, but with a little guidance and some gumpshun you can improve your odds.
Start looking as soon as the sales start. The more time you have, the better. Some deals may only be available for a short period of time.
Save some time by looking online. Most sales will be advertised online so you can do much of the work from your home. You can even purchase mattresses online and avoid all the hubbub of a busy store.
Remember your preferences but don’t go over budget. If you are looking for a latex mattress, don’t allow yourself to be talked into an innerspring without some careful consideration. Firmness preferences are unique to the individual, so find out what feels the best to you.
Happy Fourth and Good Luck!
Now you are fully prepared to tackle some of the year’s most exciting sales. A great night’s sleep awaits you. This year is shaping up to be one to remember! Tell us how your experience went in the comment section below.