Best Black Friday Mattress Deals for 2015
Shopping for sweeter dreams this holiday season? What’s The Best Bed is researching and comparing this year’s sales to identify the best Black Friday mattress deals of 2015. This is one of the best times of the year to shop for a mattress and with this guide you will have no trouble finding a good deal.
We’ll be browsing all of the latest information to bring you the top offers from department stores, bed brands, and online retailers. From innersprings to memory foam to latex foam, browse full sale listings and editor’s picks for best Black Friday bed deals.
First, take a look at the top memory foam mattress and innerspring mattress deals of the year, displayed in the next section.
Our Top Memory Foam Mattress Pick
- Made from high-quality and environmentally friendly plant-based memory foam derived from soybean oil.
- Cover is made from Celliant-infused fabric, which has been clinically proven to reduce pain, improve circulation and increase blood oxygenation.
- The Revere Bed is Amerisleep’s most popular mattress and is suitable for a wide variety of sleeping styles and body types.
- Open cell structure allows for improved breathability, helping you sleep cooler throughout the night.
- Amerisleep’s innovative shipping methods decrease packaging and emissions from transportation.
Black Friday Mattress Guide
Spend more time enjoying the holiday weekend and less time worrying about beds. With a new mattress, you may even get some sleep this holiday season! Here’s our quick and simple list of tips for coming away with a great mattress and reducing stress.
Have a game plan going in.
Don’t wait until the last minute to start browsing beds. Research, test and compare early so you have an idea of what you want ahead of time. Know whether you want an innerspring, latex, or memory foam mattress and think about the materials you want in a mattress. Make sure you know sizes and partner preferences, too.
The more information you have coming into Black Friday, the better. Start putting your plan together before the sales begin. You’ll have a head start on other shoppers and a better chance of getting a good score.
Don’t compromise comfort.
Getting a good deal is a great feeling, but great sleep is even better. Don’t settle for something you are not entirely satisfied with just to save, and don’t feel too pressured to buy before comparing and researching other options. There are plenty of great offers to choose from, walk away and think for a minute if you are getting nervous.
Always look at the details.
Aside from comfort, the best way to compare mattresses is in the details – it’s what is inside that counts. People spend ⅓ of their lives sleeping. What your sleeping on matters.
Ask plenty of questions – What is the foam density for memory foam layers? Is the foam natural, organic or synthetic? What is each layer made of in a latex bed? What type of coils are used and what is the count for spring beds?
The retailer should be able to provide with a full breakdown of layers and quality to enable to accurately comparison shop. Mattresses are large purchases, be inquisitive and skeptical.
Don’t get fooled by big discounts.
Put your blinders on when it comes to percentages and dollars off “retail price.” Instead, focus on how the bed’s quality and guarantees compare to others in the price range to see if you are getting a good deal. This is a much better way to assess the offer.
Check fine print of deals.
Always read the fineprint in ads and deals. Some offers may require mail-in rebates, may only apply to store credit, may be very limited in quantity or time, or may have other stipulations. Rebates may take weeks or months to arrive, so know what you're getting into.
Try to find reviews.
Even an in-store mattress test doesn’t tell you much about long term comfort. Try to seek out reviews online by searching the mattress brand and model to see what others say about quality, durability, value and other factors. If you can, read only verified reviews. These are reviews are from people who have actually purchased the product they are commenting on.
Black Friday Online Deals
Many online retailers participate in the Thanksgiving weekend holiday sales, with offers starting up to the week before and often lasting through Cyber Monday the following week.
Some like Overstock may run deals several weeks in advance. Brands like Serta and Tempurpedic tend to mirror offers of their retail partners, but others like Amerisleep, US Mattress or 1800Mattress may have exclusive deals and big discounts. Retailers like Macy’s and Walmart may also have online-only offers as well.
Online retailers tend to have a wider selection of options and sizes than physical shops, and they have the convenience factor as well, but just be sure to verify return policies. You may even find better deals online due to stiffer competition. Researching and comparison shopping may also be easier, and retailers may be more transparent.
Here are the online mattress stores and brands promoting Black Friday deals on mattresses:
Amerisleep is a brand of plant-based memory foam mattresses that sells direct online.
Online at Amerisleep.com, starting 11/26.
- 20% off all mattresses
- Mattresses start at $599 (twin Americana), $839 (queen Americana)
Astrabeds sells organic customizable latex mattresses and adjustable beds.
Online at Astrabeds.com, starting 11/26.
- 20% off all mattresses
- Mattresses start at $1039.20 (twin sonoma), $1439.20 (queen sonoma)
Serta’s website usually features a few specific deals consumers can buy direct, which are largely similar to those that their retail dealers are offering.
Online at Serta.com and retailers, 11/18-11/30.
- Up to $300 off iComfort and iSeries mattresses
Tempurpedic sells direct online as well as through their retail partners, and deals are usually the same either route.
Online at Tempurpedic.com, 10/28-12/1.
- Up to $300 off Tempur Breeze sets ($150 off twin, $200 off queen, $300 off kings)
Walmart Black Friday sales usually feature modest discounts on their discount memory foam and innerspring lines like Spa Sensations. Most deals may be online only, but some may have store or pickup options depending on location. The Walmart Black Friday and Thanksgiving ads are to be announced.
- Check back!
Black Friday In-Store Deals
Traditional mattress retailers and department stores usually launch their Black Friday sales on the actual holiday or perhaps on Thanksgiving Day.
Major brands like Macy’s, Wal-Mart and Sears put newspaper ads out, and deals are often announced or leaked up to two weeks before the holidays. National chains like Mattress Firm and Sleepy’s also tend to announce ads at least one week before the holiday.
Below is the list of national retailers offering Black Friday deals on mattresses in 2015. Many will have similar or the same offer available online as well.
K-Mart is a well-known box-store retailer selling consumables, household items and many others. You can find their sales now.
In stores and online, 11/26 - 11/28.
- $97 - Serta Sertapedic Skyfield Twin Mattress
- $349 - Serta Perfect Sleeper Hessel Ridge Firm Queen Set
- $449 - Serta Perfect Sleeper Wandering Creek Eurotop Queen Set
Macys Black Friday sale features a large selection of beds including both discount and higher-end brands. Sealy, Serta, Tempurpedic and their own Macybed are popular features. Deals online and in stores are usually the same.
In Stores & Online, 11/26 through 11/28-11/30.
- $137 - Sealy Cahill Tight Top Firm Queen Set
- $197 - Sealy Posturepedic Firm Queen Set
- $297 - Serta Perfect Sleeper Crosshill Tight Top Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $397 - Sealy Posturepedic Broadway Euro Top Cushion Firm Eurotop Queen Set
- $699 - Sealy Posturepedic Grant Park Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $799 - Beautyrest Recharge Plus Haylee Luxury Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $899 - Sealy Posturepedic Market Street Ultra Firm, Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $999 - Beautyrest Recharge Hybrid Next Generation 300 Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $1199 - Serta iSeries Island Retreat Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $1299 - Stearns & Foster Estate Baroque Luxury Ultra Firm, Firm or Plush Set
Sears’ Black Friday mattress sale feature a mix of discount and higher-end beds from major brands including Serta, Simmons and Sealy. Deals may differ online and in stores depending on region.
In Stores, 11/26 through 11/29.
- $139 - Serta Coralee Queen Mattress ($179 after 1pm)
- $335 - Sealy Talworth Innerspring Queen Set ($389 after 1pm)
- $599.99 - Beautyrest Recharge Cypress Firm Tight Top Queen Set
- $649.99 - Serta Perfect Sleeper Bradshaw Firm Tight Top Queen Set
- $659.99 - Sealy Posturepedic Plus Hearst Firm Tight Top Queen Set
- $799.99 - Beautyrest Recharge Melrose Firm or Plush Pillow Top Queen Set
- $849.99 - Serta Perfect Sleeper Stonehurst Plush Super Pillowtop or Firm Queen Set
- $1297 - Beautyrest World Class Willow Springs Firm or Plush Tight Top Queen Set
- $1389 - Beautyrest World Class Henderson Bay Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $1497 - Beautyrest Hybrid Messala Plush Queen Set
The holiday sale for Sleepy’s usually includes promotional mattresses and a handful of innerspring and memory foam beds from national brands. Deals are usually the same online and in stores.
In Stores and Online, dates TBA.
- $157.98 - Ortho-Posture Firm Eurotop Twin Set
- $399.99 - Ortho-Posture Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $499.99 and up - Beautyrest Recharge and Sealy Posturepedic Queen Sets
- $899.99 - Beautyrest Recharge Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- Free boxspring with Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses.
Happy holidays and sweet dreams! Remember, always shop smart to get the best bed – check specifications, compare details and reviews, and always check out warranties, returns and fine print to avoid buyer’s remorse. Follow our advice and your odds for finding the best mattress and avoiding the worst will improve greatly!
Leave a commment and let us know if you have questions or tips on Black Friday mattress deals for fellow readers.
Want more? Check out our guides to choosing a mattress based on sleep style or top picks from this summer.